It’s been a priority in our home to try and make sure we are living as non-toxic and chemical free as possible. As you may have read in my previous posts, this has been a gradual process and has taken plenty of time. We are aware that we can’t live this way 100% of the time but we want to try our best in our home. This is especially true for our son and any future children we have plus our fur babies (2 doggies). So we were very excited and happy to find that there are great alternatives out there, like KidScents.
Young Living KidScents Line is all for the little to older kids and has really been such an amazing line for our little guy. I love that he can continue using it all the way up to his pre-teens (if he wants to of course).
The KidScents Line has 5 essential oils, a bum balm/ointment, toothpaste, shampoo, bath gel, lotion, kids diffusers, and vitamins.
The 5 oils are GeneYus, Owie, Sleepyize, SniffleEase, and TummyGize. They’re all pre-diluted with a carrier oil so they’re ready to use. You can apply them topically or diffuse them (read the uses on the bottle).
- GeneYus EO is great for diffusing to help with focus and concentration (think about reading, homework, projects, etc.).
- Owie EO can be applied topically to improve the appearance of your child’s skin and to help heal a wound.
- SleepyIze EO calms and relaxes the mind and body prior to your child’s bedtime. Put a couple drops in the diffuser for a peaceful aromatic environment. A little goes a long way with Young Living’s essential oils. You don’t need to use much which makes the bottles last that much longer.
- SniffleEase EO is a refreshing and rejuvenating blend formulated just for kids for when they have congestion. We’ve used this during the times we fall below the wellness line and we are back to breathing pretty easily within half an hour plus.
- TummyGize EO is a quieting, relaxing blend that can be applied to little tummies that are upset. It also supports the digestive system. We use this essential oil from time to time and it has really helped.
Tender Tush is w o n d e r f u l. We have used this the majority of the time and have LOVED how well it works for diaper rash or a red bum and how quickly it works. It’s safe non-toxic ingredients are what sold us on this balm/ointment versus others and it lasts a LONG TIME. Its formulated with essential oils like Frankincense, Lavender, and Ylang Ylang which are GREAT for skin support. Tender Tush moisturizes and nourishes dry skin and is made without synthetic perfumes, mineral oils, artificial colorings, or harsh chemicals. This is a great alternative for soothing sensitive skin (and not just for baby/kids – great for skin support for adults too).
The shampoo, bath gel and lotion are favorites of ours as well. These have lasted for months! A little really does go a long way. You can even add a pump to the bottles or leave the caps on to travel with. I usually go through the lotion the quickest since my son takes a bath daily (or almost daily) but the shampoo only needs a tiny amount and you’ve got a head full of soapy hair ready to be styled like alfalfa. The shampoo has probably lasted us 6+ months, the bath gel about 3+ months and the lotion around 1-2 months. When he was smaller the lotion lasted longer than 3 months.
Another great essential oil for mamas to be and those with babies, kids (even great for adults) is Gentle Baby essential oil. This essential oil is not pre-diluted like the KidScents essential oils but is great for skin support after baby arrives (for mama and baby), in the diffuser for a relaxing, calming and peaceful aroma, and great for sleep support.
We haven’t gotten to the toothpaste quite yet but I know it’s right around the corner. The MightyVites Chewable Tablets are for children ages 4-12 so we will try those in a few years. Our little guy doesn’t have a cool kid diffuser in his room but he does have the Dew Drop Diffuser which comes in the Premium Starter Kit when you sign up to be a member to get that 24% off discount all the time. Yes, all the time. And we get a lot of these items for FREE. If you’re interested in getting a lot of these items for free, without selling anything, let’s chat! I’d love to tell you more and have you join my team, where you’ll have guidance, support and resources available at your fingertips.
Have you used the Young Living KidScents line? If so, what are your favorites?